Red Seal Occupational Standard - Truck and Transport Mechanic
The Canadian Council of Directors of Apprenticeship (CCDA) recognizes this Red Seal Occupational Standard (RSOS) as the Red Seal standard for the Truck and Transport Mechanic trade.
The Truck and Transport Mechanic Red Seal Occupational Standard is developed by Canadian trade representatives. It collects information about the trade as it is practiced across Canada.
This RSOS information is combined in several ways to generate several RSOS Products, each of these is based on information contained in the complete RSOS, and is geared to user needs:
- Red Seal Occupational Standard - Truck and Transport Mechanic (PDF, 2.4 MB)
A complete description of all trade activities, skills and knowledge. The Standard defines the trade by collecting and organizing elements together.
- Trade Profile - Truck and Transport Mechanic (PDF, 609 KB)
A quick snapshot of all trade activities in the standard. It can be used to self-assess experience. It can be used to introduce a concise summary of all trade activities to those wanting to learn about the trade. It can also be used for gap analysis.
- What is an Occupational Standard
- History of Red Seal Standards
- About the Red Seal Occupational Standard (RSOS) - Structure and Development
The CCDA and ESDC wish to express sincere appreciation for the contribution of the many tradespersons, industrial establishments, professional associations, labour organizations, provincial and territorial government departments and agencies, and all others who contributed to this publication.
Special thanks are offered to the following representatives who contributed greatly to the original draft of the standard and provided expert advice throughout its development:
- Dallas Andrushak - Manitoba
- Lloyd Babcock - British Columbia
- Daniel Banfield - Manitoba
- Allan Carson - New Brunswick
- Yeeman Chen - Ontario
- Trevor Cox - Ontario
- Mike Dyer - Nova Scotia
- Baily Hildebrand - Saskatchewan
- Bradley Kozubski - British Columbia
- Travis Madore - Newfoundland and Labrador
- Darcy Pearce - Saskatchewan
- Greg Ryan - Newfoundland and Labrador
This standard was prepared by the Apprenticeship and Sectoral Initiatives Directorate of ESDC. The coordinating, facilitating and processing of this standard were undertaken by employees of the standards development team of the Trades and Apprenticeship Division and of British Columbia, the host jurisdiction for this trade.