Red Seal Occupational Standard - Glazier
The Canadian Council of Directors of Apprenticeship (CCDA) recognizes this Red Seal Occupational Standard (RSOS) as the Red Seal standard for the Glazier trade.
The Glazier Red Seal Occupational Standard is developed by Canadian trade representatives. It collects information about the trade as it is practiced across Canada.
This RSOS information is combined in several ways to generate several RSOS Products, each of these is based on information contained in the complete RSOS, and is geared to user needs:
- Red Seal Occupational Standard - Glazier (PDF, 1.88 MB)
A complete description of all trade activities, skills and knowledge. The Standard defines the trade by collecting and organizing elements together.
- Trade Profile - Glazier (PDF, 560 KB)
A quick snapshot of all trade activities in the standard. It can be used to self-assess experience. It can be used to introduce a concise summary of all trade activities to those wanting to learn about the trade. It can also be used for gap analysis.
- Red Seal Self-Assessment and Exam Breakdown
Use this self-assessment tool to rate your own understanding and experience with the tasks of the trade that are on the Red Seal examination.
- What is an Occupational Standard
- History of Red Seal Standards
- About the Red Seal Occupational Standard (RSOS) - Structure and Development
The CCDA and ESDC wish to express sincere appreciation for the contribution of the many tradespersons, industrial establishments, professional associations, labour organizations, provincial and territorial government departments and agencies, and all others who contributed to this publication.
Special thanks are offered to the following representatives who contributed greatly to the original draft of the standard and provided expert advice throughout its development:
- Herns François, RSE - International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- Donovan Jackson, RSE - Alberta
- Steve Laird, RSE - Ontario
- Marc-André Leclair, RSE - Ontario
- Cam Lorincz, RSE - Canadian Glass Association
- Marv Magnison Jr., RSE - British Columbia
- Cecil Ryan Jr., RSE - Newfoundland and Labrador
- Jason Sokolowski, RSE - Canadian Glass Association
- David Stadnyk - Saskatchewan
- Brett Templeman, RSE - British Columbia
- Brent Vaughan, RSE - Nova Scotia
- Robert Webster, RSE - International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
This standard was prepared by the Apprenticeship and Sectoral Initiatives Directorate of ESDC. The coordinating, facilitating and processing of this standard were undertaken by employees of the standards development team of the Trades and Apprenticeship Division and of British Columbia, the host jurisdiction for this trade.