What is an NOA?
The NOA (National Occupational Analysis) is a key document for each Red Seal trade. Here are three reasons why you should get to know the NOA for your trade:
- Each NOA sets the standard for a Red Seal trade.
- Red Seal examinations are based on NOA.
- Provincial and territorial apprenticeship training programs may also be built upon NOA.
Red Seal Video - NOA
In short, the NOA outlines everything that a tradesperson needs to know about their trade. This includes:
- trade activities (tasks and sub-tasks)
- skills and knowledge requirements
- essential skills
- safety information
- trends affecting the trade
- technical terms
- names of tools and equipment
- Date modified: